Logo with purpose
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves:
- to nurture our faith through prayer and Bible Study,
- to support the mission of the church worldwide,
- to work for justice and peace, and
- to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
We seek to live out the purpose of Presbyterian Women in many ways.
We nurture our faith through prayer and Bible Study when:
- we gather in Circle meetings on the second Thursday of the month, September through May. During the meetings, we enjoy fellowship, join in prayer and Bible study, and learn about mission both local and worldwide.
- Grace Circle meets at 9:30 a.m. in the New Meeting Room at the church.
Eve Circle meets at 7 p.m. in the parlor at the church.
- we read Horizons Magazine published by Presbyterian Women.
We support mission when:
- we participate in a variety of hands-on projects such as making baby hats, sewing mosquito nets, sewing clothing protectors for a nursing home;
- we hold rummage sales twice a year and give the money to missions;
- we give money to support the budget of our local Presbyterian Women’s association.
We promote justice and peace when:
We build an inclusive, caring community of women when:
- we welcome all women who wish to be part of our activities;
- we hold fellowship gatherings, such as the Christmas dinner, a picnic, or a tea;
- we participate in Church Women United activities in our community;
- we participate in gatherings and missions of the Presbytery, Synod and Churchwide Presbyterian Women.
If you are interested in being a part of this dynamic group, please contact our church office.